"Vague-in-vogue" thoughts of mine!!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker



Tuesday, October 10, 2006

That Loverly Song....

I love music....I love songs....And especially the magic that either the background score or lyrics create....Few songs, whether english or hindi, automatically become a person's favourite, if the lyrics are beautiful, or rather, impressive and touching....

As a little child, I was quite anxious to know about the things going on around me. I always wanted to learn something new. When I was about 7 & a half yrs old, I went to visit my cousin, Art, during my summer holidays. During those holidays, she taught me the song, "Wouldn't it be loverly" from the film "My Fair Lady". Over the years, I still continue to hum that song.
By the way, till date, I've never heard the original song. So, I'm not sure what it is actually like. But, all I remember is her enchanting voice and the way she taught me the song. It was just "loverly"....

Here are the lyrics of that song......

All I want is a room somewhere,
Far away from the cold night air.
With one enormous chair,
Aow, wouldn't it be loverly?

Lots of choc'lates for me to eat,
Lots of coal makin' lots of heat.
Warm face, warm hands, warm feet,
Aow, wouldn't it be loverly?

Aow, so loverly sittin' abso-bloomin'lutely still.
I would never budge 'till spring Crept over me window-sill.

Someone's head restin' on my knee,
Warm and tender as he can be,
Who takes good care of me,
Aow, wouldn't it be loverly?

Loverly, loverly, loverly, loverly ......

2 Comments:

Blogger The Visitor said...

One of my favorite movies and song too!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well megz this is 1 awesum song u got..i mean it reallly is loverly how i wish that this truly happens in real life wich is alwys in a jeopardy. its totallly cool n makes me feel gud. gr8post! huh?????

Saturday, October 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home